B. M. Ruia Girls College was established in 1958, then known as Hindi Medium College by Marwadi Sammelan, which was always
in the forefront of propagating and promulgating Hindi. Impressed by the proficiency and dedication of the Sammelan, Smt. Nathibai DamodarThackersey Women’s University granted affiliation to the college in 1960. In 1963
the college received a generous donation of Rs. 75,000 from Smt. Bhagirathibai Manmal Ruia Trust, as a reciprocating gesture to this goodwill the college was named after the founder of the trust as Smt. Bhagirathibai Manmal
Ruia College. For almost 10 years this college operated from Vidya Bhawan, Sitaram Poddar Marg, Mumbai.
With the growing popularity the strength of students also multiplied. The limited space available at Vidya Bhawan was restricting the sky high aspirations of the faculty and students. In the year 1968 the college was shifted to the present location, Krishna Kunj, Vachha Gandhi Road, Mumbai -7 and the small building of the college soon grew five storeys tall. To cater to the diverse academic needs of the students, the college started Higher Secondary classes for Arts and Commerce, ie. Junior classes along with the Degree Courses.